Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bullying Happens In Summer Too!


BULLYING HAPPENS IN SUMMER TOO!

You might take a vacation in the summer, but bullying doesn't!
As a child, teen and even adult I was abused and bullied more than I ever shared.
My mom wasn’t one of those mothers you could talk to. She rarely cried and didn’t want any of us kids moping or having problems. When I had night terrors as a child, she took me to the doctor and they prescribed me sleeping pills. Still I woke up many times at night in a sweat, gasping for air. I thought I was dying. But it was just panic attacks and post traumatic stress syndrome from all the abuse I suffered.
Back then we had lots of sexual predators in the neighborhood. But today, sexual predators and bullies can get to your children 24 hours a day 7 days a week via the internet and or their cell phones.
Dr. Jennifer Caudle of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-School of Osteopathic Medicine states says, “Bullying can happen wherever kids gather – in school, at summer camp or in cyberspace. Bullying isn’t just limited to the classroom. Talking with your kids about bullying is just as important in the summer as it is during the school year – especially when it is time to head to summer camp.” 
To learn more about how to talk to your kids about bullying Read Dr. Jennifer Caudle news story here. 

No comments: