Monday, March 4, 2013

Put An End to Abuse & Suffering

Lately I've been so attacked. I'm just getting my life together after the loss of my precious son, Brian, my father, and my sister, Sue, who lost her battle with cancer just before Christmas.

It's hard losing those that we love.

My son passed away from heart complications, my father due to COPD, and my sister due to cancer. Although it was hard to let them spread their wings toward heaven. It was equally hard to watch them suffer day after day.

Sadly, suffering is part of life.

But there is a type of suffering that we can do something about, and even prevent. Abuse. A five letter word that is so misunderstood. Abuse, bullying, violence, are all forms of power and control. Some think it's love. And this is how someone acts when they love you.

Love is not Abuse. Love is not bullying. Love is not violence.

The Bible gives a really clear picture of what love is in I Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. 

If each of us walked in this true definition of love, there would be no abuse, bullying or violence. Can you imagine if we all "loved" others the way God wants us to? WOW! I can!


That gets me excited! I hope it gets you pumped up too. Because together we can put an end to abuse and suffering, by loving the abuse, bullying and violence out of this world!


No comments: